Finding the best gifts for 2 year old boys was so fun for me!
And now I’m happy to share my gift ideas with you =) All 30 gifts are great for 2-year-old boys, whether they just turned 2 or are almost 3! The gifts on this MEGA list range from active outdoor toys to sit down indoor ones; we all know that little boys love to move like crazy and get their hands dirty, but I also included quiet time and low supervision toys to save your sanity! I also kept in mind development and learning stages to choose gifts that are not only fun, but educational.
Affiliate links are included in this post; if you make a purchase, I may earn a commission, so thank you very much for supporting my blog! If you find this post helpful, please subscribe to No Brainer Gifts and share on Pinterest/Facebook! I hope this helps with your gift shopping, please enjoy =)
1. Rubber ball. Playing with a simple rubber ball is great for a 2-year-old boy’s gross motor skill development. He can learn to play catch, kick the ball, throw, bounce, roll…It’s something for him to focus on in the backyard or the pool, too. It will be a great gift to help him get some energy out!
2. Puppy pull toy. Your toddler is sure to get a kick out of watching this puppy’s tail wag as he pulls him along on the leash. This pull toy is from a top quality brand that makes some of the best toddler toys. Any time I look on Amazon or in the store, I take a peek at their toys because my son loves them and they don’t break easily.
3. Vehicle book. My son’s obsession with vehicles started when he was 1 and it hasn’t slowed down yet! The vehicle book above is really great because it’s a board book, read: durable, and has buttons for different sounds. Books that encourage more interaction are always fun for 2-year-olds and the bright, colorful vehicles are sure to keep his attention while reading, too.
4. Finger paint kit. Here’s a fun messy activity for your boy to get in to! Finger paints are the perfect gift for him to express his creativity from a young age, learn about colors and experience sensory development through art. This kit is convenient as it comes with paper and the paints are washable; they are also non toxic.
5. Sidewalk chalk. Once my son was 2 years old, he stopped trying to eat the sidewalk chalk and started actually “drawing” with it, yay! This is still a fun activity for him to do outdoors and the bundle above comes with 60 pieces…the price is so affordable, I’m really surprised. I should restock on chalk for us, too! But it’s washable, which is lovely since it always gets on his skin and clothes and reviewers say this particular brand of chalk also works nicely on chalkboards; have fun indoors with it, too!
6. Watering can. If you like gardening, chances are your two-year-old boy would love to help! Give him a cute, non toxic watering can that’s brightly colored and made for little hands. You can teach him to fill it with water and carefully help you water plants; maybe he’ll even learn to grow something of his own!
7. Kinetic sand. Some of the best gifts for 2 year old boys are also some of the most simple things. Little boys love playing in the sand, whether it’s at the beach or in a box. Kinetic sand is awesome because it sticks to itself, so it’s easier to mold into shapes (less frustrating for him) and it’s easier to clean up (less frustrating for parents)!
8. Sand kit. Want to give him more options when playing with kinetic sand (or regular sand)? This kit comes with the kinetic sand, usually in a fun color, and shape molds. There’s also a convenient plastic tray, which is what we have in our home.
9. Play-doh. A childhood classic, I still find that Play-doh makes one of the best gifts for 2 year old boys to play with. It’s colorful, it’s squishy and they can even make things with the dough. And if you want to pump up the fun, see gift number 10 below!
10. Play-doh fun bin. Take your toddler’s Play-doh fun up a notch with their “fun tub”, which comes with a couple of dough colors, a nice tub with a lid to keep everything contained, and –most importantly!– the awesome dough cutters and other toys. I think this set is a pretty good value to add on to the other Play-doh pack because making new shapes and things never gets old.
Fun and affordable BEST gifts for 2 year old boys
11. BLOCKS. This probably should be #1 on the list haha. When Em was 2 year old, he LOVED his blocks. He still loves blocks now, but we have to switch up the type of blocks to keep his interest. The Lego type of blocks are nice because he can learn to build and stack and put things together; it’s a little less frustrating than pieces that don’t “click” together and easily fall down sometimes.
12. Wooden blocks. I just found this amazing 60 piece wooden block set and now it’s definitely on my list! Right now, it has 5 stars with almost 1,500 reviews on Amazon which is really good (and I would know since I practically live on Amazon HA!) There’s that awesome toy brand again and I can’t believe I’m just now finding this set, but that’s one of the great things about running this blog: I am constantly finding fun stuff for my own kiddo!
13. Crayons. With so many crayon options it took me awhile to find a great gift pick. These jumbo washable crayons are a good value for the price, easy to clean off of surfaces, non toxic and bright with true colors. They are a nice size for little toddler hands, too, as regular crayons might break easily in their grip, while the oddly-shaped super big crayons won’t be great as they get older.
14. Slide station. We actually had a simple folding slide that we got as a gift from relatives when our son was 2 years old. But the one above is a much better option, I think! And it has way better reviews =) Once your two year old outgrows the slide, the ball maze can still be fun for him for a while longer. If he has a playdate, there are two things for the kids to do together instead of just going down the little slide. But yeah, it’s always nice to be able to bring the playground home when the weather isn’t great.
15. Plush toy. I tried so hard to find a show my boy would enjoy when he was 2…because I need a break sometimes, myself! Turns out, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood was one of the shows he would actually watch for more than 5 minutes. A plush toy that lights up and makes sounds and is a character from one of his favorite stories–big win, especially when the family needs some quiet time.
16. Lacing beads. We purchased this toy last year when Em recently turned 2. He loved it! At first, it was tough for him to lace the string through the wooden block and shape beads, but he got better at it. And your 2 year old boy can also stack the blocks and learn colors, numbers and shapes with these. It’s never too early to start learning, especially if he’s excited to try!
17. Shape sorter toy. Another classic for toddlers is a toy where they use finger dexterity and shape recognition to place shapes through the proper space on the ball. Not only does this activity help with their fine motor development, but it’s a really fun gift that can be passed down due to high quality!
18. Toolbox. Our son loved his toolbox, although it was a different one made of wood. I think this one is cooler, though, because it makes sounds and is colorful! Reviewers are happy with the quality and the way each piece is interactive and does something interesting.
12 MORE of the best gifts for 2 year old boys!
19. Smart kitchen. They didn’t make kitchen sets like these when I was a kid; now is a really good time to be a 2 year old boy! Not only does it come with fun food pieces, utensils and cookware, but the kitchen is also compatible with tablets and mobile devices. This way, it becomes an interactive preschool learning machine while he plays!
20. Interactive walker. I purchased this “sit to stand” toy when Emet was almost 1 and a half years old, and he still found enjoyment with it at age 2. He liked to push it around, take the front part off, put it back on, sing the songs, play pretend with the phone, and more.
21. BMW ride on toy. You gotta admit, this BMW i8 convertible is pretty cool. Imagine how much fun your two year old will have riding around the house, yard or neighborhood in this car! It’s electric and makes realistic sounds and has headlights…It’s one of my best gifts for 2 year old boys because toddler boys love cars and they love ride on toys.
22. Sports center. Many guys will agree that a love of sports is one of the best gifts for 2 year old boys =) We got this sports center toy for our son, except ours is an older model. So this one is new and improved, I guess! He’ll have fun kicking and tossing the ball and there are buttons, lights and music. It counts goals that he makes, too.
23. Double-sided easel. This was another great buy for our son! If your boy likes to use chalk, markers or paint an easel is a great gift for him. The one above has two sides; one side has a chalk board and the other side is a magnetic dry erase board. There’s a tray in the middle, it comes with alphabet magnets and it folds for storage. Love this one.
24. Sprinkler. Yes, I bought this one, too! We hooked this sprinkler up to our backyard hose and enjoyed running through it on hot days. Eventually. He used to be the kid who stayed as far away from water as possible haha.
25. Wagon. When we’d go to the neighborhood toddler gym, the wagon was THE toy the boys all wanted to play with. They love pulling each other around, riding in it, and just watching it go. This is a classic keepsake brand, too, known for making high quality products that can be passed down. Our kid has had a couple by this brand and we love it.
26. Cars. Yup, these little collectible cars are a big hit with 2 year old boys and they don’t get tired of them as they age. In the future, you can get him tracks, make a pretend car wash, and all sorts of fun things.
27. Bubble machine. We know babies and kids of all ages love bubbles, but don’t you get tired of blowing countless bubbles or watching the boys make a mess trying to handle it themselves? I present to you the awesome bubble machine. Hundreds of bubbles for the whole bottle of solution without tiring your lungs.
28. Inflatable pool. Even if it’s winter time, he can enjoy some fun water play or you could fill it with sand. Another idea for an inflatable pool gift is to pair it with those plastic balls that are found in ball pits. Of course, during the summer, he can enjoy splashing around in the water with his friends, too!
29. Indoor tent. I couldn’t find our exact tent online, but this one is very similar and has great reviews. It even has 3 tunnels while ours only has 2, so that’s cool. Your 2 year old will probably love crawling through the tunnels and sitting in the tent. Just another fun thing for him to explore, and our son will often play independently in his tent which is a nice bonus.
30. Nursery rhymes video. If he hasn’t seen this video yet, he will most likely LOVE it. I don’t know what it is about these people in their costumes singing nursery rhymes, but the toddlers and babies love this video! Emet must’ve watched it a couple hundred times and it’s a great way to give mom and dad 30 minutes of quiet time. Your 2 year old might do the dances, too, and get some energy out!
There we have it, 30 of the best gifts for 2 year old boys that I could find! There’s something for every personality, budget, weather condition, play date, time of day…you name it, right?! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below or contact me any time. Thanks for reading!